<p style=”text-align: justify;”>Responsible for the daily operations of Galveston Historical Foundation Museum Stores. Selling admission tickets, retail merchandise and providing information to historic Galveston and help to ensure that museum visitors receive a positive experience from the first point of contact. Responsible for providing better than expected customer service. Selling skills. Able to participate effectively as a member of a team. Accurately process sales transactions. Ability to lift merchandise. 30 hours per week, max. <strong>This position is not a tour guide position.</strong></p>
<p style=”text-align: justify;”><strong>Skills:</strong> Friendly, outgoing personality combined with an ability to maintain grace and composure in busy situations. Strong knowledge of retail sales and computerized Point of Sale Systems a bonus.</p>
<p style=”text-align: justify;”>Ability to work weekends.</p>
<p style=”text-align: justify;”>Send Resume and days/hours available to work to <a href=”mailto:email@example.com”>firstname.lastname@example.org</a></p>
Galveston Historical Foundation, based in Galveston Texas, operates the 1877 SSV ELISSA ,a National Historic Landmark (NHL), and invites applications for the posts of Captain, Chief Mate, 2nd &3rd Mate and Chief Engineer for their 2019 annual day sail series. Positions term is from March 29th through April 14th and includes safe operation of the vessel during 2 weeks of day sails with some overnight sails possible. Captain and Chief Mate applicants must carry 500 ton Near Coastal Licenses along with all appropriate endorsements, AB and life boatmen certificates. 500-ton licenses are preferred for 2nd and 3rd Mate but consideration will be made for those with equivalent square rig and traditional sailing experience. Candidates should have strong traditional sailing background, experience in working with large groups of volunteers and offshore watch standing experience. All deck officers must have a minimum of a 100 master’s license along with an AB and life boatmen endorsement. Engineers must hold a valid Chief Engineers License, and Lifeboatmen Certificate. ELISSA is a unique sailing experience not to be missed. We are looking for a strong and compatible team for our 2019 series as it will be her 142nd year on the water!
This post is seasonal. All officers are contract employees for the duration of the sails and not permanent appointments. Employed officers serve in positions that require confidentiality and are representatives of Galveston Historical Foundation while employed.
Apply email with Resume, copy of license and References to: Mark Scibinico
REPORTS TO: Executive Director; Controller
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for day-to-day building and site operations and routine maintenance of GHF properties Bishops Palace, Ashton Villa, St. Josephs Ecumenical Museum (Church), Rosewood Cemetery, 2417 Strand, Sears, Hendley Green, 1904 GH&H Depot, 1903 Firehouse No. 3 and Menard Complex and Rental venues Garten Verein, Hendley Green, Hendley Row, and Mechanic Street Warehouse. The Facilities Technician will report to Executive Director and Manager of Historic Property Rentals. This is a salaried position.
Oversees a program for maintenance, repairs and landscaping issues at all above-mentioned properties. This includes but is not limited to yard maintenance, utility repair and oversight, housekeeping, extermination, debris removal, fire and safety issues, and related items.
- Maintains a Master Program for maintenance and repairs for properties managed by HMLCA.
- Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems;
- Maintain, operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, building management system, and building repairs;
- Perform facility inspections and report on conditions affecting operations;
- Monitor and supervise HVAC preventive Maintenance contracts;
- Respond to emergencies;
- Prepare and submit summary reports of conditions in buildings and recommend actions to be taken;
- Review and understand equipment and methods of operation, BMS system (Control System), fire/life safety, and other systems;
- Comply with all safety procedures and requirements;
- Maintain compliance with City, County, State ordinances and codes;
- Support any after-hours building needs and activities as required;
Attend training sessions and seminars; and
- Maintains a master key list for all properties and all employees. Keeps original and spare keys and distributes copies as necessary.
- Develop a periodic review of other GHF properties including the Strand Street Clock, Borden Tree, and Tremont House Bar.
- Maintain US and Texas flags at GHF properties observing national and state proclamations to lower flags to half-staff.
- Coordinate with Preservation and Conservation Services as needed.
Assist with special events as requested.
- High School diploma and Certifications
- EPA 608 Technician Certification
- 2 – 4 years of related experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with a computer and iPad
- Communicate effectively both orally and writing
- Maintain detailed and accurate reports
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with contractors and GHF Personnel
Physical / Mental Activities, Requirements and Demands commonly associated with the performance and functions of this job.
- Standing, Walking, Sitting, Reading, Stooping, climbing Ladders, crawling in / through low spaces;
- Hand and Finger Dexterity, Clear Speech, Hearing/Listening Reading and Writing, Clerical, basic Math and Analytical Skills, Judgment, Problem Solving and Decision Making; and
- Heavy Lifting and Moving, Computers and Related Equipment, Heavy Equipment.
Environmental / Atmospheric Conditions
Inside and outside work; Work outside on building roof; Hot and Cold weather.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids
Mechanical and Electrical Equipment, Tools and Ladders to be provided by GHF.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: GHF is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization formed in 1954 that merged with the Galveston Historical Society created in 1871. The organization owns or manages approximately sixteen properties, vessels, and sites in Galveston. GHF successfully met two capital campaigns within the last three years and hopes to build off that success and well-developed and long-term donors to the organization.
APPLY: Send resume / references to email@example.com or
W. Dwayne Jones
Galveston Historical Foundation
Galveston, TX 77550
POSITION AVAILABILITY: Applicants should submit resumes, and references to the CEO. Position open until filled.