Have a question? We’d be happy to help! You can contact us by email or by calling 409-765-7834.
In addition to the eight homes listed below, Galveston Historical Foundation will be presenting two select properties as part of a Rehabilitation in Progress showcase. These homes show how GHF continues to preserve the island’s history through inventive green technologies and stewardship.
2018 HOUSES ON TOUR
- 1896 William and Adele Skinner House (Homes Tour Cover House) – 1318 Sealy
- 1874 Smith-Hartley House – 1121 33rd Street
- 1883 Adolph and Regina Frenkel House – 2424 Avenue L
- 1887 John Burnett Tenant House – 2123 Avenue K
- 1893 Thomas and Lillie League House – 3528 Avenue P
- 1895 James and Maggie Lowber House – 3018 Avenue O ½
- 1913 John and Artie Gilbert House – 3608 Avenue O
- 1928 Paul and Veska Chushcoff Tenant House – 1503 Church
- Rehabilitation in Progress: 1905 Benjamin Dolson Tenant House – 1723 Mechanic
WHEN IS THE TOUR?
The Galveston Historic Homes Tour is held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on May 5, 6, 12 & 13, 2018.
HOW MUCH ARE TICKETS?
Tickets are $30 prior to May 4, 2018. $35 after. $25 for GHF members and groups of 20 or more. Call 409-765-3431 for details. Tickets are non-refundable.
WHEN CAN I USE MY TICKETS?
Tickets can be used all four days of the tour, however, you are not able to view a house again after touring it.
WHERE DO I START?
You can start at any of the homes on tour. There is not a set path of houses to see in any particular order.
WHERE CAN I BUY TICKETS?
To purchase tickets for the tour and all special events, click here, visit The Shop At The Palace at 1402 Broadway in Galveston or call 888-305-7627. Homes Tour tickets are also available at all Houston area Randalls Food Stores after April 1. Tickets are also available the day of each tour at any homes on the tour.
Tickets may be used all four days of the tour. Tickets are not sold for individual homes. There are no discounts for children; infants in arms are free.
WHERE DO I PARK?
Parking is available near each tour home on a first come, first serve basis. No shuttle service is offered.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Please wear soft soled shoes to minimize harm to floors. Hats, umbrellas, and sunscreen are highly suggested.
WILL THE TOUR BE CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER?
In case of inclement weather, the tour may be discontinued temporarily or for the remainder of the day.
WHAT IS PROHIBITED?
Smoking, photos, food, drinks, and pets are not permitted.
For reasonable accommodations due to special needs, please call 409-765-3431 in advance of your visit.