HOW IT WORKS
By March 31, 2017, we plan to raise $200,000 from members and friends, which is then matched by outside foundations. That $400,000 total strengthens GHF’s annual operating budget, ensuring support for its entire mission to preserve and revitalize the architectural, cultural and maritime heritage of Galveston Island.
2016 REVIEW : EVENTS, MILESTONES AND NEW OPPORTUNITIES
- GHF marked first full year at the 1940 Sears Building
- The Heritage Festival educated and entertained for the second year at Kempner Park
- Dickens on the Strand played to perfect weather and record crowds
- Homes Tour overcame early rain and shined brightly over its second weekend
- ELISSA sailed with grace and splendor during 2016 sea trials
- Galveston History Project secured substantial funding and early programming continues
- GHF signed a long term lease at Hendley Row – look for developments all year long
- Bishop’s Palace again enjoyed record attendance
- The Tall Ships are coming! GHF, in conjunction with Tall Ships America, will host the amazing Tall Ships Challenge in April of 2018 to benefit Elissa and Texas Seaport Museum
GHF continues to lead Galveston’s preservation effort because of your support. Thank you for all you’ve done, and please donate to the 2016-2017 Heritage Preservation Challenge!