Tall Ships® Galveston kicks off Thursday, April 5 with the exciting Parade of Sail! Enjoy the official welcome to our visiting tall ships as they travel along Galveston Island’s historic Seawall Boulevard. Ships begin Parade of Sail, under full sail (wind/weather permitting) heading west according to the route.
PARADE SCHEDULE (times are estimated and can change based on weather and current)
- 12:30 p.m. – Ships muster at East Beach (1923 Boddeker Rd)
- 1 p.m. – Ships begin Parade of Sail heading west along Seawall Boulevard, led by the 1877 Tall Ship ELISSA
- 2 p.m. – Ships make a turn near 35th and Seawall Boulevard, then head back down to East Beach
- 3 p.m. – Parade of sail ends, ships take down their sails and begin the process of entering Galveston Bay
A variety of viewing locations are available. From finding your own spot along Seawall to enjoying food and drink at various beachside restaurants, there’s sure to be an option perfect for you. This list will be updated as additional venues confirm participation.
- R.A. Apffel East Beach Park (1923 Boddeker Rd) – The official start and end point of the Parade of Sail!
- Beerfoot Brewery (2816 R 1/2)
- Float Pool & Patio Bar (2828 Seawall Blvd)
- Gumbo Diner (3602 Seawall Blvd)
- Hemmingway’s (1000-1012 Seawall)
- Hotel Galvez & Spa (2024 Seawall Blvd)
- Mario’s Seawall Italian & Pizzeria (628 Seawall Blvd)
- Rumors Beach Bar (3102 Seawall Blvd)
- Walter’s Beach Service – Beach Chairs & Shade For Rent (Seawall Blvd between 10th and 11th)
JOIN THE PARADE!
Have a vessel that you’d like to bring to the parade? Please contact us for more details! Other watercraft are allowed participation but are asked to work with our parade marshall for day-of information.
Boaters: please click here for more information and our Marine Safety Information Bulletin containing information on the Tall Ships Safety Zone.
Tickets are non-refundable. The festival is open rain or shine. GHF is not responsible for independent transactions between visitors and vendors. We are committed to making the event special needs accessible. If we can assist with arrangements, please contact us at 409-765-7834 in advance of your visit. Open carry firearms, pets and ice chests are not allowed.
Scooters, skateboards, rollerblades, skates, Segways and other recreational “wheels” are forbidden. Guests bringing in costume weapons and props must have them secured and will be asked to go through additional screening.