GHF Preservation and Conservation, with support from the Moody Methodist Permanent Endowment Fund, offers homeowners a range of assistance options to help apply an exterior, protective coat of paint to their house. Our primary focus is to assist low-income homeowners improve their house by supplying them with everything needed for their paint project. Additionally, we are expanding our program to assist moderate-income and open income applicants.
I can’t even begin to tell you how grateful I am for the painting of my home. When the first portion of the paint went on I cried. I was so happy to see something I don’t think I would have been able to do myself. I want to say a very big thank you to all those involved that made this happen. I hope everyone knows what greatness they are doing for families like ours.
1326 Avenue K, Theresa Hernandez
2523 Winnie, Catherine Stroud
4329 Avenue S 1/2, Jhonny Mary Verschoyle
APPLICATION INFORMATIONAPPLICANT REQUIREMENTS
- Applicants cannot have received grant funds from GHF in the past ten years.
- Applicants must provide proof of income for all persons of legal age (18+) who are employed and reside at the property.
- Applicant must provide proof of ownership with a Homestead Exemption.
- Applicant owns and 100% resides in the property at the address in question.
- Applicant has no present intention to sell house in the next three years
- Any physically able persons residing in my home will work alongside GHF volunteers
- House must be located on Galveston Island and be at least 50 years old.
- House cannot have vinyl, tiling, or other materials covering the wood siding.
- House must be one floor in height. (Properties with a raised foundation can be inspected by GHF staff to determine eligibility.)
- GHF can repair rotted woodwork to the extant our project budget allows.
- Property must be in such condition that allows for the work to be completed ( yard cleaning, trees, bushes, etc)
- There is no asbestos material on site whatsoever (siding, roofing, etc) * We do not paint homes with asbestos*
Program Contact: Craig Cahill, 409-750-9108 ext. 1302