Experience a rare look inside the National Historic Landmark that are typically off-limits! These tours, held on Saturday mornings, also feature Mrs. Gresham’s studio, a third-floor view to a one of a kind look at the gulf. CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
The 1892 Bishop’s Palace (a.k.a. Gresham House) is a contributing building in the East End Historic District, a National Historic Landmark. The house is listed in the National Register of Historic Places at the national level of significance in the area of architecture. Architectural historians list the Bishop’s Palace as one of the most significant of Victorian residences in the country.
Galveston, TX 77550 United States
- September 26 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm | $30
- October 10 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm | $30
- October 17 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm | $30
- October 23 @ 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm | $40
- October 24 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm | $30
- October 24 @ 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm | $40
- October 30 @ 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm | $40
- October 31 @ 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm | $40
- November 7 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm | $30
- November 21 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm | $30
- December 12 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm | $30
- December 19 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm | $30
The 1892 Bishop’s Palace and Galveston Historical Foundation offer teachers and students a large variety of TEKS aligned field trips focusing on history, math, and science. For more information, contact Susan Vanderford at 409-765-3432.
Galveston Historical Foundation is committed to making our programs and historic sites special needs accessible. However, at this time, Bishop’s Palace does not have a ramp for wheelchairs or walkers and is not fully accessible to those with physical disabilities. We can provide an audio tour with photographs and a written transcript of the tour. If you have special needs contact 409-762-2475 or 409-765-3410 or send an email in advance to your visit to make arrangements.
Bishop’s Palace is a privately owned and operated historic site listed on the National Register of Historic Places.