Galveston Historical Foundation owns and operates many of Galveston Island‘s most beloved historic sites and attractions. GHF properties & attractions denoted with a * are also available for rental. For more information on al GHF properties & attractions, please contact our Historic Properties Rentals Manager, Lauraleigh Gourley, at 409-765-3402.
1605 33rd Street
Galveston’s oldest residence and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
One of Galveston’s beloved Victorian residences and home to Galveston icon Ms. Bettie Brown.
The Official Tall Ship of Texas and one of only three ships of her kind that still actively sails. Open daily to the public. Learn more here.
2704 Avenue O
Originally a social club for Germans and German speakers and part of Kempner Park.
Built for the Gresham family and a National Historic Landmark. One of Galveston Island’s most visited historic attractions. Learn more here.
2828 Market Street
First firehouse in Galveston to integrate with African American firemen. Learn more here.
3304 Market Street
One of the “handsomest and most substantial of its kind,” this site was originally owned by the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad, commonly known as the “Katy”.
3503 Avenue K
Thomas Henry Borden saved this tree during the grade-raising of the island. He built a dike around the tree and kept the roots flushed with freshwater he carried from nearby cisterns.
Constructed in 1912, the Texas Ice & Cold Storage Company was designed to produce over 70 tons of ice per day. After the building was demolished in 1978, the smokestack was donated to GHF.
Administrative offices for GHF located in the oldest commercial building in Galveston.
Home to GHF’s Architectural Salvage Warehouse and staff offices. The building also houses other private businesses and non-profit offices.
Downtown Galveston’s newest park and only greenspace! Located next to the historic Hendley building and in The Strand National Historic Landmark District.
Calvary Cemetery, 2506 65th St.
Featuring three documentaries on early Galveston life and the Great Storm of 1900. Learn more here.
2826 23rd Street
Galveston’s first burial ground designated exclusively for African Americans, founded in 1911.
50-foot twin-engine motor vessel used for harbor sight-seeing excursions. Learn more here.
22nd & Strand
This cast iron clock from the turn of the 19th century was installed in 1989 after it was found in a San Antonio warehouse.
Home to the 1877 ELISSA and features numerous exhibits, a gift shop, and more. Learn more here.
Tremont House, 2300 Mechanic
This hand-carved mahogany bar was originally part of Henry Toujouse’s Stag Hotel. A century later, his bar was donated to GHF and is on permanent loan to the Tremont House.