Join GHF to enliven our preservation of historic Galveston Island.
Our work seeks to keep our historic buildings and neighborhoods of Galveston Island intact for the future. Learning from and simply enjoying a community rich in history and architecture makes for a better place to live each day. We believe that and devote our everyday work to keeping our history alive. We invite you:
- Purchase an endangered building
- Set sail on a rare 19th-century tall ship
- Walk the sacred halls
- Climb to the top of one of America’s most famous houses
- Host your family and friends in a rare 1880s dance hall
- Learn about the men and women who shaped all levels of Galveston
Join GHF to keep our stories alive. As we near our 150th anniversary in 2021, we continue to find new and exciting ways to keep the incredible story of Galveston’s history alive.
In the 1950s the directors of GHF voted to merge with the long-established GHS to set a new direction of preserving important local buildings and using them to educate residents and visitors. They engaged history to tourism and opened the first historic house of Samuel May and Ellen Williams to visitors. Their vision continues in the hands of our board, staff, volunteers, and members.
We invite you to join us to make history happen.
PURCHASE YOUR MEMBERSHIP TODAY
Senior (60+) – $35
Individual – $50
Dual Membership – $70
Family Membership – $100
Menard Society – $1,000
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free admission to 1892 Bishop’s Palace, Galveston Historic Seaport, and the Great Storm Theater.
- Discounted rate of $5 per member for Harbor Tours aboard Seagull II (subject to availability; call for reservations: 409-763-1877).
- Admission to the exclusive Members’ Club during Dickens on The Strand.
- Discount tickets to the Galveston Historic Homes Tour and Dickens on The Strand.
- Ten percent discount at GHF retail shops.
- Thirty percent discount at Sherwin Williams paint stores (valid for regularly priced items).
- Eligibility to enroll with the University Federal Credit Union.
- Invitations to GHF exhibit openings, lectures and parties.
- Discounts on advance tickets to GHF events.
- 2 complimentary tickets to Dickens on The Strand
- 2 complimentary tickets to the Galveston Historic Homes Tour
Members who join GHF at this level are enrolled in the Menard Society. In addition to receiving 4 complimentary tickets to Dickens on The Strand, and 4 complimentary tickets to the Galveston Historic Homes Tour, Menard Society members gather periodically during the year for fellowship and to offer guidance and vision for GHF’s programs.
All GHF Individual Memberships are valid for one year from the date of issue.