Saengerfest Park is a small square park located on the corner of Tremont St and Strand St in The Strand National Historic Landmark District of Galveston, Texas. The location includes a trolley stop with numerous restaurants, bars, and venues nearby. It was created in the early 1990s by George and Cynthia Mitchell and is now owned and managed by Galveston Historical Foundation.
ABOUT GALVESTON HISTORICAL FOUNDATION
GHF was formed as the Galveston Historical Society in 1871 and merged with a new organization formed in 1954 as a non-profit entity devoted to historic preservation and history in Galveston County. Over the last sixty years, GHF has expanded its mission to encompass community redevelopment, historic preservation advocacy, maritime preservation, coastal resiliency and stewardship of historic properties. GHF embraces a broader vision of history and architecture that encompasses advancements in environmental and natural sciences and their intersection with historic buildings and coastal life, and conceives of history as an engaging story of individual lives and experiences on Galveston Island from the 19th century to the present day.