SUPPORT PRESERVATION AND GET YOUR GIFT MATCHED!
We have big things in store for 2022, and we sure hope you come along with us. When you support us during the Challenge period – Thanksgiving thru March 31, 2022 – that support gets doubled by our partner foundations.
Double impact, double progress, double preservation! To donate, click the button below or call us at 409-765-3458.
FOR OVER 150 YEARS, GALVESTON HISTORICAL FOUNDATION HAS DELIVERED:
- Rehabilitated historic residences and improved neighborhoods
- Preservation and conservation of the historic Tall Ship ELISSA
- Rehabilitated historic commercial buildings and sites
- Signature annual heritage events with increased economic impact
- Dynamic heritage tourist sites and venues
- National, regional, and local leadership in historic preservation
- Community connection and volunteer engagement …and more
All because our members and friends join in this mission.
Supporting the Challenge is simple. Help us reach our $425,000 goal by March 31, 2022, and keep Galveston’s history alive!
ABOUT GALVESTON HISTORICAL FOUNDATION
GHF was formed as the Galveston Historical Society in 1871 and merged with a new organization formed in 1954 as a non-profit entity devoted to historic preservation and history in Galveston County. Over the last sixty years, GHF has expanded its mission to encompass community redevelopment, historic preservation advocacy, maritime preservation, coastal resiliency and stewardship of historic properties. GHF embraces a broader vision of history and architecture that encompasses advancements in environmental and natural sciences and their intersection with historic buildings and coastal life and conceives of history as an engaging story of individual lives and experiences on Galveston Island from the 19th century to the present day.