You’re invited to join the event as a host of one of the participating artists, through the “Host An Artist” program. This program is a wonderful opportunity to help support the event, the art community, and to give the artist a warm Galveston reception. The artist will be arriving near or on Saturday, May 1, and departing on Sunday, May 9. Actual arrival and departure dates will be finalized between artist and host after making initial contact. The level of accommodation is entirely between the host and the artist with an understanding of the following:
- Artists will be respectful and responsible to the homes and hosts
- Hosts understand that the artists are here to work and compete, that they might keep odd hours (in order to capture early or late light)
- Hosts are required to provide artists: a private bedroom, access to a bathroom, and use of a small space in the refrigerator for food
- Hosts are not required to provide meals, transportation, or tour guide type services for artists
- Use of laundry facilities at the host home is available only if mutually agreed upon between host and artist
- If requested in advance through the event coordinator for artists, artists may seek accommodations for a spouse, significant other, or other business managers
- It should not be assumed that housing will be provided for children, friends, or pets
- Artists should not feel responsible to give gifts to their host, but hosts may accept tokens of appreciation for opening their homes to artists
- Hosts are invited to attend the private Exhibition Preview Reception and Awards
If you or someone you know has any interest in hosting an artist for this event please complete the form below or contact us for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ROOMS HAVE BEEN FILLED FOR 2021, SUBMISSION OF HOST INFORMATION IS FOR STAND-BY USE ONLY.
Galveston Historical Foundation opens the doors to Galveston’s architectural history through public tours of privately owned homes during its annual Galveston Historic Homes Tour. Large, small, and everything in between, the 2021 tour, held the first two weekends of May, will have something for everyone! In addition to the tours, the annual event features numerous special events, allowing guests unique experiences in many of the tour homes and historic sites across the island.