Ruby Van Buren
Ruby Van Buren
2021 REGISTRATION APPLICATION
- 2021 applications open on February 1, 2021
- Cut-off date to register / enter is Friday, May 8th, 2020, or when entry maximum is filled.
- Registration is limited to the first 30 accepted applicants.
- Contestants are chosen based on the quality of their vintage or vintage-inspired swimsuit and are not selected on a first-come, first-serve basis. We encourage applicants not to apply until they have their applications complete.
- Applications must be filled out in full, including a picture of your actual vintage or vintage-inspired swimsuit. Applications that are missing information will not be accepted. Changes cannot be made after submission.
- The application fee will be returned to you if you are not accepted as a contestant.
- You have not been accepted until you are notified via email of your acceptance which will include your contestant packet with Contest information.
- The first round of applicants will be notified of acceptance by March 6. The second round of contestants (if needed) will be notified April 10.
- 1st place – $750 check, 2-night stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa ($595 value), winner sash
- 2nd place – $400 check & 2nd place sash
- 3rd place – $200 check & 3rd place sash
- 4th place – 4th place sash
- 5th place – 5th place sash
- Crowd Favorite – Crowd Favorite sash
ABOUT THE GALVESTON ISLAND BEACH REVUE
Based on Island events from summer seasons past like the Pageant of Pulchritude and Splash Day, the Galveston Island Beach Revue was resurrected into a contemporary two-day, family-friendly event in 2009. The Galveston Island Beach Revue continues to grow each year through events, contestant participation, and attendance and is officially the City of Galveston’s “Kickoff to Summer” event.