2023 RULES AND REGULATIONS
- New in 2023 – downtown evening event at Saengerfest Park!
- No models after 1975.
- Please bring a small container to hold crowd-favorite donations. Staff will pick up prior to the awards.
- The first 30 cars receive a complimentary dash plate.
- Prizes are awarded in Best in Show (1st, 2nd, and 3rd), People’s Choice, Best Club Participation, and Judge’s Choice.
- Advance registration is $25 and increases to $30 the day of.
- Registrations are non-refundable.
- Vehicles can check in at 4 p.m. and depart at 9 pm. All vehicles must be parked and ready for the 5 p.m. event start time.
- No early departures from the event are allowed, and registration fees are non-refundable.
- Concessionaires will be available at the event for food and drink purchases.
- Judging will begin at 5:30 and will be announced during the bathing beauties contest later that evening.
- Entrance to the car area will be on Strand and 23rd as you head north towards Harborside (view a map at https://goo.gl/maps/ChVyN4vDddPVSP6w7). If that area fills up, we have the block on 23rd between Strand and Harborside to use for additional parking.
ABOUT THE GALVESTON ISLAND REVUE WEEKEND
Galveston’s summertime celebration of the island’s vintage past returns August 11-13! This year’s event highlights numerous GHF properties for a weekend of classes, parties, contests, and more. Based on island events from summer seasons past, like the Pageant of Pulchritude and Splash Day, the Galveston Island Revue Weekend was resurrected into a contemporary event in 2009. Each year contestants from around the United States vie for prizes, sashes, and more while the assembled crowds enjoy a weekend of retro fun.