CURRENT PROPERTIES FOR LEASE
1859 HENDLEY BUILDING
The historic 1859 Hendley Building at 2002 Strand offers multiple locations for commercial lease. Recently restored and ready for quick move-in.
- Suite 103 (facing 20th Street): 1,152 square feet
- Suite 1001 (facing The Strand) 1,158 square feet
SHEARN MOODY PLAZA / SANTA FE BUILDING
Prime commercial space is available for immediate leasing in the 1931 Art Deco beauty at the top of The Strand. Individual spaces or built-out office suites are available for immediate move-in. Ample, free parking, and guarded 24-7 for security.
CURRENT PROPERTIES FOR SALE
2123 AVENUE M 1/2 (RESIDENTIAL)
Two-bedroom, one-bath, single-family home. Ready for move-in. 2123 Avenue M ½ was built in 1891 by German carpenter Christian L. Wolfer. Wolfer built several houses in that area and on that block.
Enjoy sitting on the front porch overlooking the beautiful grounds of the Bryan Museum. Inside the home has tons of natural light, pocket doors separate the Living from the kitchen areas. New quartz counters have just been installed in the kitchen and bathroom, as well as newly painted cabinets. The home also has a new dishwasher and range.
The 1903 Star State Company Firehouse #3. This historical gem is ideal for commercial on the ground floor and residential above. 3784 square feet shell. Rehabilitated exterior walls and new roof.
The historic Firehouse No. 3, constructed in 1903, and originally designed by George Stowe, is ready for your next development endeavor. The restored front facade is accompanied by all new walls to the east, west and north, along with a new roof. Steel beam construction has been engineered to make a second floor easy to install. The building was spared and reconstructed by Galveston Historical Foundation, leaving an empty canvas for it’s future owner to design their dream. Residential, commercial office, hospitality – possibilities and potential abound. In addition to the architectural value of the restored facade, the building played a significant role in the desegregation of Galveston’s publicly owned facilities when it was the first firehouse to integrate, hiring African American firemen in 1957, who were stationed at Firehouse No. 3.
ABOUT GALVESTON HISTORICAL FOUNDATION
GHF was formed as the Galveston Historical Society in 1871 and merged with a new organization formed in 1954 as a non-profit entity devoted to historic preservation and history in Galveston County. Over the last sixty years, GHF has expanded its mission to encompass community redevelopment, historic preservation advocacy, maritime preservation, coastal resiliency, and stewardship of historic properties. GHF embraces a broader vision of history and architecture that encompasses advancements in environmental and natural sciences and their intersection with historic buildings and coastal life and conceives of history as an engaging story of individual lives and experiences on Galveston Island from the 19th century to the present day.